Mindy Solomon Gallery is proud to be a part of the dynamic, international art showcase Shanghai Contemporary 2012. The fair takes place September 7-9, 2012, with VIP and public previews the night of September 6. The Gallery will be featuring works by Gary Petersen, Marc Burckhardt, and Wookjae Maeng.
The exhibition is held in downtown Shanghai at the Shanghai Exhibition Center, and with a joint 4-day program of openings, studio visits, and events in cooperation with leading galleries and city cultural initiatives.
The 2011 fair included participation by 90 galleries, over 30 private museums and institutions, 500 invited collectors, and 35,000 visitors. SH Contemporary 2012 features 100 selected exhibitors. Come see Mindy Solomon Gallery in booth W27!
• Conversations, conferences addressing issues regarding China’s art markets and their relationships.
• Pillow Talks, a series of intimate conversations among artists, critics, curators, gallerists, and collectors.
• Private Museum Alliance, hosted by Le Royal Méridien Shanghai (by invitation only), the Alliance brings a consortium of 28 museums based in mainland China, to bridge gallery offerings and museum collections.
• The first edition of The Asian Curators Meeting, hosted by Le Royal Méridien Shanghai (by invitation only), will focus on the way non-Asian institutions collect, display, and egage with contemporary Asian artists and art.
• Shanghai in Art, a full VIP program and a series of activities and events organized by, and in collaboration with, the city’s leading galleries, museums, and cultural institutions.